Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jet Setting

I just got back from Wellington, Florida (an equine community located across the channel from Palm Beach). During the cold winter months, the wealthy and most accomplished riders in the world all migrate to this one area code. Some may "winter here" because of the trendy image or the opulent parties. My reason for loving this place is far from that, I travel to see the best horse flesh and most accomplished riders in the world. I am so fortunate to be able to ride and learn from such accomplished people in my discipline. There are few places where so many of the best come together to compete. As I warm up my best friend's horse for the World Cup Qualifying Grand Prix, I am riding next to six of the top twenty riders ranked world wide. Chills shoot down my spine just thinking about it. I thrive in this environment. When I am in this environment, I feel as though I am on cloud nine, fulfilling my calling.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! When I was living in Florida, I spent sooo much time in Wellington. I love night high class shows and every time I sit there watching it I always dream of me being in the ring one day riding like they do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with your riding achievements! I watched Secretariat today and it was beautiful to see all the horses.

    ReplyDelete