Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ocala "The Horse Capital of the World"

I was thrilled to find out my sister was surprising me and coming down to the horse show in Ocala with me over spring break. She is also a freshman in college at Hobart William Smith and we don't get to see each other often. Also I forgot to mention....she doesn't like hard work or horses....minor detail. But she had her warm weather clothes packed and was intent on getting a tan.
My trainer, Michael, came to pick us up at the airport. This began the greatest spring break I could have hoped for. I woke up every morning at 4:30 am and went to sleep at 8:30 pm, not exactly the "Girls Gone Wild Spring Break." The horse I was riding was fantastic and Michael pushed me to new heights and was surprised (not to mention I was surprised) at my ability to rise to the challenges. My trip culminated when Michael gave me his grand prix horse to ride and jump around on. I could not get over the compliment and privilege.
Spring break not only gave me the rest and refreshed mindset to finish up the school year but also, gave me the motivation to keep working hard on my riding for the summer competition season that is ahead of me.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is really impressive that you are an equestrian . THAT TAKES A LOT OF DEDICATION and I admire that! Now I want to actually see a horse race

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It's so impressive to see someone dedicated to a skill/lifestyle like this. I have a 12-year-old neighbor who is over the moon about horses and riding so I've gotten more interested.

    ReplyDelete